A day of rest...

What a great Sunday to start off a great week. Church was great as always...Ronnie Floyd had a great sermon. I know a lot of people have negative things to say about church or my church in general and to be honest I used to be one of them. One thing I hear a lot about my church is that the people that go there are fake and only go for the social aspect of it and the thing is that at every church there will be people there that are going for the social aspect of it but in all honesty Church is about the fellowship. I also hear bad things about Ronnie Floyd and all I can say is that NO pastor is perfect...they are just as human as everyone else. Anyways, enough of that.

I also got caught up sending emails to wedding vendors, friends, and family. I was getting really behind...I hate when someone emails you and you take like weeks to respond. I've just been so busy and to actually take the time out of the day to sit down and respond to everyone...well it just hasn't been possible lately. Thankfully, though I had a catch up kind of day and I even made a decision on the wedding menu!!! Shocker!!!!??? I know....and the verdict is....

  • Chef carved watermelon basket filled with an assortment of fresh fruits
  • Selections of Cheddar, Monterey Jack and Hot Pepper Cheeses, bite-sized, and served with an assortment of crackers.
  • Roasted Rosemary Pork Loin
  • Chicken Pasta Primavera
  • Garlic Mashed Potatoes/Au Gratin Potatoes
  • Broccoli with Cheese Sauce/ Green Beans
  • Three-Green Salad with assorted Dressings
  • Dinner Rolls with Butter
As you can see we decided to go the dinner route rather then Hors d'oeuvres. Since it will be a late wedding and the reception is at 6pm I think this menu is better for the time setting we have set. And you know what....I'm completely satisfied with this menu and there is not one thing I would change differently. So now I can turn my attention towards other things like reception decor....oh and now it begins...haha...the fun stuff!!! I tend to be BIG on details...so knowing me I'll go to the extreme in decorating for the reception. I have so many ideas running through my head and I'm excited to get started on this part of the planning. Since the chapel is already so beautiful structurally I plan on NO decorating going on there. So my attention is all on the reception. Woohoo can't wait!

No comments: