Ups and Downs

What a weekend...there was a lot of ups and downs. Let me just say that I was furious on Thursday night went I posted that last post...so ya obviously you can see I took it off. I hate being angry and I definitely hate when I let myself get so upset over something I can't change. Thankfully, I let it go and moved on!!! Anyways, I so did not take any pictures this weekend...it was kind of busy busy...and lots of driving more then anything.

Saturday James mom Jenny and her sister Julie and their mom (AMPS) all went shopping and to go see a movie. It was a lot of fun...we got up super early and Jenny cooked all the family breakfast. Then we headed to Texarkana to go shopping. Jenny was so nice she bought me these things...



Martha Stewart Eyelet Gift Card Box

(I love the Martha Stewart Wedding stuff at WalMart)


Better Homes Bridal Edition Cook Book

(OMG! Right when I saw this I knew I had to have it...mainly because I have 3 editions of this book and also because I love love love cook books and I'm getting quite a collection)


So after we went shopping we went to see...

This movie was super funny!!!

After the movie we all went back to Nashville where the boys had been cooking us dinner all day. OMGosh let me tell you I had the best food that night...ya...ummm...its a good thing we don't live there because I swear I'll put on the weight down there...haha. James probably had the best weekend though...his paw paw gave him his old red truck!!!!!! He was so excited! So ya...now we have a truck :)
Not only did James get a truck but one of my moms friends who is a wedding planner asked my mom who I was using to plan the BIG DAY...and my mom told her that I was doing it myself...and she was shocked and insisted that she would do be our wedding planner for FREE!!!

So your probably wondering what was the down this weekend??? Well lets just say last week was pretty hard...I'm so grateful for the true friends I do have but I'm not going to allow people who walk all over me in my life any longer. I just reached my limit last week with people being selfish and unthoughtful...and its just NOT right to hurt someone feelings for any reason and definitely not right for someone to back out of a commitment for ANY reason because your word now means NOTHING to me. As for the whole facebook thing...well I'm about done with facebook...yes I did defriend some people that I cannot allow in my life any longer....and well that's all I have to say about that. Also, I finally had to be honest with some other things in my life that was going on and couldn't be embarrassed about it any longer.
Anyways, right now I'm trying to have a better week and I'm surrounding myself with positive thinking and people!!! My good friend Rachel and I are starting a weekly bible study this week and I'm so excited to see what God has planned to teach us. We're doing a Beth Moore study called...


So now I'll be doing TWO Beth Moore studies a week...but I don't think I could get enough of her :) !!! Me and James still haven't found a Wednesday night bible class. However, with Tuesday and Thursday bible studies I don't think I'll have time to do anything else...plus James is so busy with his THREE jobs...poor boy!

I have some HUGE prayer requests this week...

We had another lay off in my department and some really good friends of mine were affected by it and it makes me worry when and if I'll be next. I pray that these people will find jobs and soon. Also, my mom has been unemployed since October and its getting harder and harder for her every month. So many people are without jobs and it's times like these that as Christians we need to help each other out and come together. Even if you can't help financially there are so many other ways to help people out. Sometimes prayer can be the best thing!

I'm so thankful for mine and James jobs we have and that we are able to pay for our wedding and to pay for our bills PERIOD! We are so blessed! I thank the Lord every day for I do have.

No comments: