Why is everything so exspensive???

Seriously...with the economy the way it is why is everything so expensive??? This has to be the WORST time to be getting married. I'm doing everything possible to be the DIY bride and I've cut costs in so many ways already and still I find it hard to have the money for all the small things. So this week my hang up is INVITATIONS!!! OK an outsider would think...invitations...paper...inexpensive part of a wedding...HAHAHAHAH...YOU think wrong!!!! I freaking just found invitations that would cost me $3500 for 100...yes thats right THREE THOUSAND AND FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS! Thats highway robbery!!!! Soooo anyways...I thought to myself...I can make my own invitations. Now, I'm uber picky about everything and when it comes to details I'm even worse. I can't just have a normal one sheet invitation...no no no...Princess Mar Mar wants a pocket fold invitation. After much looking online I FINALLY found someone who put step by step instructions on how to make them. THANK YOU GOD!!! So I thought hard part done...oh how wrong I was. I just went to Sign Sealed and Delivered to buy supplies...they had NOTHING...and what they did have it was freaking ridiculously expensive. Then I went to Hobby Lobby and woo woo they had a lot of what I needed and 50% off...how lovely!!! Unfortunately, I will have to order my paper online since its a custom size. That is the most expensive part...but not too bad. The cost of the invitations if I was to buy them would be $10 per each invitation. To make them it costs just over $1.

Oh and I'm not done yet with the invitation rant. Ok so aside from me having to wait on all the paper products to be delivered I can't make one to see how long it'll take. However, the blogger girl that made them and put them up on her blog she "says" it took her about 20 minutes to do each invite. Your wondering why it takes that long??? Well lets just say there is folding, cutting, printing, embossing, stamping, and ironing (yes, ironing) all involved. Don't worry I'll post pictures and step by step instructions on here to show ya'll. Believe me though...the end product will be FAB-U-LOUS!!! I have a feeling though it'll take me a good 3-4 months to finish them...haha. My goal right now is to just get all the materials and at least start the process. I'll be glad when they're done.

Anywho, as you all can see I'm terrably lazy and slacking on posting my calories and what I've ate every day. I just haven't had the time but I will tell you I'm keeping on my diet and doing well. I'll be making a yummy dinner for my sweetie pie tomorrow and it's of course a healthy recipe so I'll post it :)

No comments: