Why Why Why???

I don't understand for the life of me why business try to take advantage of people when it comes to money. Ok well I do understand but really? Do these people really have any decency??? Take for instance. Our caterer....we go in for our first appointment and she says oh we can definitely have a full meal for $10 a person. Then once we put down our deposit everything changed. She acted like we were from a different planet when we told her our budget. Thankfully after negotiating she finally came back down to our planet Earth and gave us the price we wanted. Then, our photographer. I love the man and I got my senior pictures done by them and they even go to my church. However, we were talked into a package that was way too much for our budget and that we really didn't even need. Now that I've finally woke up and looked at the packages again I see that we really just need a base package for over $1000 less then what he originally had us setup for. Next, the Briar Patch. Love the ladies in there and they were all helpful and nice. BUT the first appointment I had I was quoted a price and when I went back in to pay the price changed $200 more then what I was originally told. Then all the hidden fees are included and well you got double more then what you had budgeted for. It makes me so mad that people do this. I mean to take advantage of a young couple is heartless. I know most people that come into these places have mommy and daddy's wallet with them and there is no concept of a budget but still. Where is the honesty?

Thankfully, I'm only getting married once because honestly I couldn't do this again. Don't get me wrong. I love all of our vendors and everything. They are only doing what they were hired to say and do. I know I'll be happy the day of my wedding with their services. I just wish I wouldn't have gotten suckered into some things. It's a learning experience though. I now know and realize that I'm the customer and they have to give me what I WANT not what they want. It was a hard lesson to learn...believe me.

Great Monday start huh? The only thing keeping a smile on my face is knowing that once I get off work I get to hang out with Danni and go for a jog. Oh and that I lost 2 more pounds ;)

No comments: